School of Mind-Body Medicine
Position Title: Director of MS Degree Program in Integrative and Functional Nutrition (IFN)
Reports to: Don Moss, Chair of Mind-Body Medicine
The School of Mind-Body Medicine is dedicated to transforming healthcare by placing "self-care" at the center. Whether students work towards a PhD with a specialization in Healthcare Systems, Practice, Research, or Integrative Mental Health, or an MS Degree in Mind-Body Medicine or Integrative and Functional Nutrition, our educational programs combine cutting-edge curriculum with Saybrook’s university-wide emphasis on student-centered learning.
Since Saybrook’s educational programs coordinate distance learning with intensive residential conferences, both faculty and students can live and work anywhere in the world while participating in degree programs that focuses on interest in holistic health.
1. Master’s and/or PhD degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
2. Is credentialed as a registered dietitian (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) with a minimum of three years professional experience post-credentialing.
3. Completion of Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) workshop trainings (including the ACEND Accreditation Workshop), either prior to or within twelve months of employment.
4. Experience in educational teaching, administration, and/or curriculum design, and/or similar relevant experience.
5. Experience in clinical practice in integrative, holistic, and functional approaches to nutrition and dietetics.
6. Candidates must be familiar with current ACEND and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) standards, including: Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice/Standards of Professional Performance and the Academy's Helix for Professional Development.
7. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an academic environment.
8. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
10. Candidates do not need to reside in the San Francisco area.
1. Experience in studying wellness/prevention research methods, and published in peer-reviewed professional journals.
2. Experience in integrating mind-body interventions into nutritional practice.
The Director will be a full-time employee (1.0 full time equivalent) of Saybrook University. She or he will serve as administrator for the IFN Master’s Degree program, and participate in a School administrative team, and perform administrative and paperwork functions as required by the chair.
He/she will provide the following services and/or deliver the following products:
1. Development of detailed proposal for new MS Degree specialization: a Coordinated Program in Dietetics and Integrative and Functional Nutrition (IFN).
2. Development of more detailed curricular plans for two MS Degree specializations in IFN.
3. Determine faculty requirements/qualifications for each course.
4. Direct recruitment process for course instructors for current MS degree in Integrative and Functional Nutrition, and for new Coordinated Program in Dietetics and IFN, with final approval required by School Chair and University Provost.
5. Supervise development of new course syllabi, online course shells, and reading lists for IFN courses.
6. Supervise all course instructors in MS nutrition degrees.
7. Fulfill all functions prescribed by the ACEND standards for Program Directors, including but not limited to, assuring that all ACEND accreditation standards, policies, and procedures will be met.
8. Maintain RDN status and meet continuing education requirements.
9. Stay abreast of evolving research in the fields of integrative and functional nutrition, mind-body, and lifestyle medicine.
10. Maintain active role, with School Chair and Marketing team in marketing/promoting the program at conferences, professional meetings, and online forums.
1. The Director of the MS Degree in IFN will report to the Chair of the School of Mind-Body Medicine.
2. The instructors in the MS courses serving the IFN degrees will report to the Director of the MS Degree in IFN
In addition, the Director will work with the School Chair and administrative teams at Saybrook University to pursue the following objectives:
1. Assistance to the Chair of the School of Mind-Body Medicine in application for approval/accreditation by ACEND as a Coordinated Program in Dietetics at the Master's Degree Level in Integrative and Functional Nutrition (IFN).
2. Assistance to the Chair of School of Mind-Body Medicine in compiling information needed for initial "substantive-change applications" to Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC, regional accreditation body) for the coordinated program in IFN.
3. Assistance to the Chair of School of Mind-Body Medicine in ongoing self-study of the degree programs for educational effectiveness, and in ongoing accreditation reviews by WASC and ACEND.
1. The candidate should not commence any work, prior to receiving a signed contract from the University.
2. The Director’s work will be supervised and evaluated by Donald Moss, PhD, Chair, School of Mind-Body Medicine, Saybrook University.
Applicants should send letter of interest, curriculum vita, transcripts, and two letters of recommendation to Don Moss, Chair of the School of Mind-Body Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Saybrook University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive community.