- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
What is Saybrook University?
Saybrook University, the world’s premier institution for humanistic scholarship and practice, was founded in 1971 by a group of prominent scholars and psychologists, including Abraham Maslow, Rollo May, and Carl Rogers. Long recognized as the intellectual center of humanistic psychology, Saybrook has since become a noted thought leader in areas including Organizational Systems, Human Science, and Mind-Body Medicine.
Saybrook was also a pioneer in distance learning, one of the first American universities to offer graduate education at a distance for working professionals. Today it offers exclusively graduate level courses that combine online education with in-person classes, intensive seminars, and conferences. As a result. students in nearly every state and across the globe are able to pursue advanced education without putting their life’s work on hold. Together they form a community that is united in the idea that education must be put into practice in order to create a humane and sustainable world.
Today Saybrook is composed of four schools: the School of Organizational Leadership and Transformation, the School of Mind-Body Medicine, the School of Clinical Psychology, and the School of Psychology and Interdisciplinary Inquiry.
Saybrook is a non-profit university and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Tap into our expertise – Find experts at Saybrook
Saybrook faculty are noted experts in a variety of fields. They are recognized thought leaders in:
- Organizational Leadership
- Integrative Health
- The study of consciousness
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Transformative Social Change
- Health Care Administration
- The philosophy of William James
- Peace movements worldwide
- The scholarship of Carl Jung
- The study of dreams
We will be happy to make our faculty available for comment on issues in their areas of expertise.
Members of the press should contact:
Vice President Communications and External Affairs