- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
MA Psychology MFT/PCC Licensure
What kind of therapist or counselor do you want to be?
A career-focused, clinical program with practicum training, Saybrook’s MA in Psychology with a specialization in Marriage & Family Therapy/Professional Clinical Counseling focuses on career opportunities while remaining true to the humanistic principles of psychology that make Saybrook a recognized global leader. Whatever you do with your degree, Saybrook teaches you how to help your clients develop as individuals to discover their life’s path.
Do you want to work closely with individuals? With couples? With families? With communities and social systems? Do you want professional licensing to work in independent practice or nonprofit agency? Do you want to specialize with a particular population, age, or group?
This degree will prepare you for multiple licenses, while empowering you to craft your professional development and practice orientation.
When you graduate from Saybrook’s three-year program, you will have pre-degree coursework and practicum experience to apply for licensure as:
- MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist)
- LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
- LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor)
- LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor)
As different states have different licensing requirements, we work with you from the very beginning of your degree to help you qualify for the license that works for you in the state where you want to practice.
The MA/MFT-PCC degree provides a low-residency, blended and mixed model of distance learning, where you join a cohort of fellow students studying together on-line and meeting together with Faculty at the beginning of each semester for residential conferences. You can complete your degree without relocating and without leaving your current career.
To find out more about if the MA/MFT-PCC program is for you, please email email@example.com or call 800-825-4480.
* The MA/MFT-PCC program complies with the requirements of the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (sections 4980.37 and 4980.41 for Marriage & Family Therapy and sections 4999.32 and 4999.40(a) for Professional Clinical Counseling). More information about licensure is available in the Saybrook University catalog.
Mental Health Services Act (MHSA 2005) provides stipend application for the initial graduate internship year for those graduates in California who work in community agencies with traditionally under-served populations.
Degree requirements can also be seen in the Catalog or on the Degree Requirements page.
Saybrook Salon Podcasts
Ann Bernhardt - Personality is a life long process