- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Hybrid Learning Model
Our programs connect you directly with leaders in the field and provide you with intensive training in tested and proven approaches and techniques in evidence based mind-body medicine and nutrition.
You’ll learn how to apply these approaches and techniques in your own life and practice, giving you the professional training that you need. Our faculty works closely with you to develop programs that best meet the needs you see in your communities.
A majority of coursework is conducted online and at a distance: all courses include weekly web-based activity and monthly video conferences for students and faculty.
Each semester includes two eight week terms. At the beginning of each semester students must attend at least one Residential Conference (offered in San Francisco and/or Washington DC) in order to work in-person with faculty and fellow students, and receive hands-on training.
Our degree programs have at their core in-person seminars offered by The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. Both the MS and the PhD require three such seminars, which are built into the School’s courses (MBM 5600, 5605, and 5610). The seminars serve as the core for the residential conferences in those terms and are conducted wherever The Center for Mind-Body Medicine seminar is scheduled. An additional seminar is included as an elective course on treating cancer.
Our programs are designed for professionals in a variety of career fields who wish to enhance and expand their skills or pursue research in health and wellness. With this transformative education, students in the program will learn how to:
- Work to transform healthcare through humanistically informed research, practice, and education
- Acquire knowledge and skills to transform healthcare practice and healthcare delivery
- Develop an approach emphasizing higher levels of health and wellness
- Acquire an understanding of the human energy field, its function as a bridge between mind and body, and its role in health and disease
- Display innovation and creativity in the use of methods moving beyond disciplinary and paradigmatic boundaries
- Develop a sensitivity and acceptance for multiple perspectives based on healthcare disciplines racial, ethnic, and cultural groups
- Acquire an understanding and mastery of research in healthcare, especially research that supports improvement and nurtures change in health care.
Descriptions for the School of Mind-Body Medicine courses are provided in the Saybrook University Catalog. Revisions to courses and course descriptions will be posted to the online catalog as they become available.