Integrate Emotional Intelligence with Systemic Operational Savvy
Blending the Psychology of Leadership with Systems Thinking
Increase your effectiveness as a team leader, your ability to facilitate institutional change, or your skills as an executive coach. Enroll in our hybrid Master of Arts degree program in Organizational Systems, with a specialization in Leadership & Organization Development (LOD).
A unique alternative to an executive MBA or a traditional Masters in Organizational Development, the LOD program prepares you with organizational change management skills needed to aid organizations and individuals struggling to adapt to constantly changing circumstances.
Our applied learning model supplements multiple face-to-face, on-site conferences each term with convenient online learning and teamwork. It concludes with a customized capstone project that showcases your new ability to address challenges and opportunities in your own work environment. The LOD program will help you achieve your career goals and enhance your job performance.
Prepare to Be Challenged
In the face of rapid change in all sectors, organizations must modify their cultures to promote employee and customer engagement, develop leaders, and field innovation-driven, high-performance teams. These strategies fundamentally involve the integration of personal mastery, organizational development, and performance optimization (process/quality improvement) that are the core of the LOD curriculum.Through our experiential learning approach, you'll increase your emotional, social, cultural, cognitive, and organizational IQ to meet these challenges. (For more of a systems science approach, consider our online MA in Organizational Systems.)
Committed to the benefits of multigenerational and multicultural leadership, the LOD program seeks students across the spectrum of experience — from recent undergraduates with minimal work experience to supervisors, mid-level managers, and seasoned senior level executives.
Aligns with International Coach Federation (ICF) & Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- The LOD program aligns with the International Coach Federation (ICF) credentialing requirements at the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level, depending on the number of client hours you log and your performance on ICF oral and written exams.
- LOD also aligns with the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Bronze–level Lean credentialing requirements.
With your degree, you may:
- establish your own successful practice as a consultant, trainer. or coach
- serve as an organization development practitioner within organizations of any size or type
- establish yourself as a leader or senior manager in for-profit, non-profit, community, or governmental sectors
- work across the full spectrum of organizations, from start-ups, small agencies, and consulting to large corporations.
Check the Calendar
This program involves multiple residential conferences in Seattle at the beginning of each term and on roughly alternate weekends. Please visit our Seattle Campus Academic Calendar for dates. Select the desired semester at the top of the page.