While you earn an MA degree in Organizational Systems, the LOD curriculum offers a unique combination of personal development, psychological insight, systems thinking, and practical experience. Our course mix emphasizes both the underlying psychology of leadership, team building, and customer engagement, and an understanding of organizational culture and managing organizational change. Our students combine essential situational leadership traits with well-rounded scholarship. Many features set the LOD program apart from MA and MS degrees in leadership offered elsewhere:
- Value Proposition: The LOD program addresses organizational crises caused by disruptive social and technological innovations, It seeks to develop leaders who get results not only through their technological and operational skills, but also through their emotional, social, and cultural competence.
- Learning Approach: Students develop and operate a B-Corp (Triple-Bottom-line Business) to practice and refine executive skills; integrate principles of entrepreneurship; and prototype ideal organization structures, vision, mission, values, policies, operating agreements, interpersonal dynamics, innovation practices, and operational excellence.
- Learning Model: The emphasis is on developing personal mastery skills as the basis for achieving organizational mastery and performance.
- Learning Community: LOD nurtures an ongoing network of faculty, students, and practitioners in the field to bridge between theory and practice. The network provides support, encouragement, scholarly resources, and career opportunities for students.
- Delivery Model: Unique blended learning approach combines online teamwork and learning with expanded face-time learning options.
- Culminating Project: Your studies in LOD will culminate in a set of final projects customized to meet your organizational needs and personal goals.
- Authentic Presence: Focus is on developing leaders who have self-awareness and relationship skills. LOD leaders achieve results by living and leading with integrity, and promoting healthy, just, and sustainable human systems.
- Unique career track options: While you earn your MA, you can begin to prepare for applying to the International Coach Federation (ICF) at the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level or to the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) for the Bronze–level Lean credential.