- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
A Comprehensive Approach to Creativity
The Creativity Studies Specialization is distinguished by its comprehensive approach. You will receive a theoretical and practical understanding of the creative process including:
- psychological components
- sociological implications
- creativity in organizations
- factors that encourage and discourage creativity
- theoretical models
Saybrook¹s unique approach to creativity goes beyond the arts to encompass "everyday creativity," the originality of everyday life, which encourages personal and professional satisfaction, as well as health benefits. The program is designed to be applicable to a broad range of professional pursuits.
A Creative Faculty
Saybrook's faculty are internationally recognized leaders in creativity research. Under the one-to-one tutelage of some of the leading researchers in the field, you'll focus on academic, personal, and professional growth through research, conferences, and hands-on activities that bring issues in both creativity and psychology into focus. Our sought-after faculty include:
- Ruth Richards, author of Creativity in Everyday Life, recently received the American Psychological Association’s lifetime achievement award for her contributions to the field.
- Steven Pritzker, Director of the specialization, is a former television writer whose credits include The Mary Tyler Moore show and co-editor-in-chief of the Encyclopedia of Creativity.
- Internationally renowned faculty members such as Mark Runco, Louis Sass, and Dean Keith Simonton, who are available to serve on selected master's thesis and dissertation committees.
Student writing, rather than testing or regurgitating facts, is emphasized as a means of evaluation. In keeping with the tenets of humanistic psychology, you'll be considered a partner in your learning process: your experiences are valued as a contribution to the learning environment. Our goal is to improve your personal as well as professional creative skills.
To find out whether a degree is Creativity Studies is right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.825.4480.
Saybrook Salon Podcasts
Steven Pritzker - The Benefits of Creativity