- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
What does it mean to be human in the 21st century?
As a student in the Psychology program in at Saybrook, you can tailor your goals and courses to meet your individual needs and interests. You can select courses from multiple areas for a broad base of knowledge, or select a specific group of professionally meaningful courses to address a particular concern. You may then add Certificates or Specializations to focus your studies in greater depth.
Graduates of Saybrook’s psychology program are frequently successful as college faculty and authors, but our programs prepare you for more than a career in academia. Many of our faculty members are noteworthy social activists who pass on their professional experience and passion to their students. Many Saybrook students are now creative contributors in a variety of fields, and make significant contributions to our better understanding of human behavior from a humanistic perspective and to the alleviation of human suffering on many levels.
Our Psychology Ph.D. program provides you with the opportunity to build upon the foundation provided by an M.A. degree. It can be helpful if you want to enhance your clinical skills and already have licensure, if you seek work in the public or private sector, or if you wish to pursue a career in research and teaching.
Saybrook Salon Podcasts
Eugene Taylor - Psychology's Three Histories