What Can You Do with a Doctorate or Master's in Psychology?
Whether you graduate with a masters degree in Psychology, or continue on to complete our Ph.D. degree program in Psychology, you will gain the professional skills from our experiential learning curriculum that enable you to:
- Engage others in efforts to promote life-enhancing transformative change.
- Combine critical, thoughtful, and creative thinking with self-reflection to develop self-knowledge, self-realization, and expansion of consciousness both in your studies and your life.
- Bring innovation and creativity in your use of methods, moving beyond disciplinary and paradigmatic boundaries.
- Place your work within a whole-person perspective, including multiple contexts, and acknowledge your own biases and unchallenged assumptions.
- Understand, critically analyze, and conduct psychological research.
- Display an awareness of strengths and liabilities based on humanistic values, including authenticity and compassion.
Each degree has specific goals and related student learning outcomes that are reflected in the program curriculum, offerings, and requirements. All programs include student development of competencies in the areas of research and scholarship. You will develop specific plans for meeting these goals and objectives at your initial Residential Orientation and in subsequent work with faculty mentors. These plans are reviewed and revised periodically throughout your studies.
Our graduates use the career training they receive at Saybrook to work in a variety of settings, including private practice, schools and universities, community health centers, hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, the juvenile justice system, substance abuse clinics, corporate offices, non-profit organizations, and the government. Many have founded their own companies, and hundreds are successfully published authors. Saybrook psychology graduates are leaders in the following areas:
Take your career to the next level with a transformative education. To find out whether a degree in Psychology from the Saybrook University School of Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry is right for you, please email email@example.com or call 800-825-4480.