- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Certificates & Workshop Programs
Saybrook offers a variety of alternatives to a full-degree MA/MS or PhD program of study: certificate programs, workshops, and Project X, an experimental format for graduate seminars.
If a master's or PhD seems like more than you want to attempt at the moment, try one of our 4 year-long, certificate programs in Mind-Body Medicine or one of our 10 certificate programs in Psychology and Organizational Systems. Costs vary by certificate. These programs offer you:
- An opportunity to explore a particular field or topic to see if you would like to continue your studies in greater depth
- A chance to improve your job qualifications by obtaining certification in a field that complements your original training
- A cost-effective way to start acquiring knowledge when a longer MA or PhD degree program seems too expensive or time-consuming at this time in your life
- A means of supplementing your degree studies at Saybrook with detailed learning in a specific topic area.*
While some certificate programs are a subset of standard online course offerings; others are independent.
Certificates are available to non-degree students through a separate application process. Go to Apply Online and select "Non-Degree students" to begin the process.
*Certificates are available as part of - or in addition to - degree classes at Saybrook, but only to students in certain degree programs. If you are interested, please contact Admissions or your faculty advisor/mentor to see if your program qualifies.
Please note that courses taken outside an academic degree program are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Workshops, primarily addressing organizational leadership and communication issues, are generally held at our Seattle campus. These one-to-three day workshops offer you an intensive opportunity to develop skills and enhance your career. Some workshops can presented on-site at your business; a few are held at third-party, affiliate workshop sites.
Project X is an experimental set of new courses offered on Facebook using online resources. Faculty members chose topics they are passionate about. In a highly interactive format, you will be exposed to current research, ideas, and debates in the field, and share your responses with other students in the course. The courses, which are like graduate seminars, are are open for a fee as a non-credit class to staff, alumni, and members of the public. To enroll or for more information, please email Benjamin Platt or call 415.403.1210 to get started.
Project X courses are free and offered for credit to already enrolled Saybrook students. Current students should email Jessie Hill or call 415.394.6249 to enroll.