- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Mind-Body Medicine Certificate Programs
As a healthcare professional, you may prefer a shorter term of study in integrative health to move your career forward or enhance your services to patients. If you are a busy professional looking for fast, direct training in essential mind-body techniques, our four certificate programs in holistic medicine are the solution.
For specific details on each of our Certificate programs, including information on which ones require a Residential Conference, follow the links below. For additional information, please complete the request form on the right.
- Biofeedback & Neurofeedback
- Clinical & Applied Hypnosis
- Health & Wellness Coaching
- Mind-body Medicine
Each Certificate program, which you can begin in a Fall or Spring term, requires 16 academic credits:
- Four 8-week academic courses (3 credits each).
- A 3-credit practicum/supervision course providing supervised experience in implementing the skills and interventions learned in the Certificate coursework.
- A 1-credit course consisting of a graduate colloquium and a capstone integrative essay, conducted by faculty in the School of Mind-Body Medicine; this assures you of a mentoring process to guide your studies throughout the Certificate program.
Degree students in the School of Mind-Body Medicine already take many of the courses included in these certificates as part of their elective requirements or as add-ons to their degree programs.
All coursework in the Certificate programs provides academic credit. These credits are transferable toward a MS or PhD degree in the School of Mind-Body Medicine should you decide to pursue additional studies.
The skills-set courses included in each certificate, which emphasize practical skills in a specific mind-body approach, are specifically designed to prepare you to pursue national certifications.
International Biofeedback Certification
The Biofeedback coursework follows the “blueprint of knowledge” of the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA), and provides enough didactic hours of teaching and enough supervision/mentoring hours to qualify the student for BCIA certification in general biofeedback. (BCIA also requires a course in anatomy and physiology, and an exam.)
National Hypnosis Certification
The Hypnosis coursework follows the teaching guidelines of the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH), provides the necessary didactic and supervision hours, and satisfies most of the requirements to qualify for ASCH certification for health care professionals, or for the academic and research-oriented certification of the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis.
National Coaching Certification
The Coaching course sequence is designed to prepare the student for certification by the International Coaching Federation, the Center for Credentialing and Education, or for a specific health coaching certification.