- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Skill Group Intensive
Advance Your Communication Skills
This intensive workshop provides an opportunity for those who have already acquired advanced leadership skills to engage deeply with other professionals within an extended learning experience.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is open only to currently-enrolled students in the residential programs at Seattle for Counseling or Leadership in Organizational Development, alumni of current graduate programs or the precursor residential programs run by the Leadership Institute of Seattle (LIOS), and graduates of our other professional leadership training programs (InterAct or Results-Focused Communication).
What You Will Learn
In this workshop, you can expect significant cognitive and behavioral breakthroughs in one or more of the following areas: self-awareness, interpersonal effectiveness, group process and systems thinking, leadership and collaboration.
Meet the Instructor
An outstanding educator, Catherine Johnson (BA, Evergreen State College; MA, Applied Behavioral Science, City University) has been teaching and leading groups for over 25 years. A valued member of our Seattle faculty for many years, she also served as Interim Chair of the Psychology Department at Bastyr University.
In addition to her teaching responsibilities, Catherine works as an organizational consultant assisting individuals and organizations to recreate their work in meaningful and productive ways. With an extensive background in outdoor adventure-programming and wilderness-guiding, she is committed to the sustainability, health and well-being of the natural world.
To enroll in this workshop, select the course you wish from the Events listed in the column to the right, or email us for more information.