Over $100 billion in grants and loans for higher education are available through the federal government – but can only be accessed through the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). As the name suggests, completing your FAFSA is free, and you MUST complete it to be considered for student aid of almost any kind.
The FAFSA can be completed online, at your convenience.
Start early! The sooner you complete your FAFSA, the sooner you can plan for your education. There’s no time like the present! Here’s how you get started:
- Visit www.FAFSA.ed.gov
Enter the information requested. This will include things like:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your social security number
- Information from your recent tax returns about your income.
- Add Saybrook’s identifying number to your FAFSA application. Saybrook’s number is G21206.
That’s it! You’ll receive a “student aid report” in the mail, and can review it to make sure everything is accurate. If something needs to be changed or updated, you can go back into your FAFSA online and make the adjustments.
Need help filling out the FAFSA?
Our downloadable tip sheet is available on our Financial Aid Forms page.
Have more questions about filling out the FAFSA?
- This video helps walk you through the steps:
Need more help?
- Call the Federal Department of Education at 1-800-4fed-aid
- Questions about our academic programs? Contact Admissions