- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Transfer of Credits
Transferring Credits from MA/MS to PhD Programs
Generally, most students are able to transfer 3-12 credits towards their MA/MS or 3-18 credits towards their PHD from regionally-accredited programs with applicable content.
Master's Level Candidate
If you are a master's level candidate with graduate-level course work from a regionally-accredited institution, you may transfer a maximum of 12 credits toward your Saybrook master's degree. Transferable course work must have been graded A or B (or equivalent) and must parallel courses offered at Saybrook.
If you are a doctoral applicant with a master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution in a related field, you may transfer a maximum of 18 credits toward your Saybrook doctoral degree. Transferable course work must have been graded A or B (or equivalent) and must parallel courses offered at Saybrook. The academic program chair will assist with evaluating your MA/MS degree work for the recommended number of transfer credits. Transferable credits may depend upon your selected doctoral program.
Doctoral Completion Candidate
If you are a doctoral completion candidate, you must submit official transcripts and other documents to be reviewed and approved by the Doctoral Completion Committee. This committee will determine whether your requisite course work and research preparation are appropriate. Transfer credit in excess of 18 credits may be granted to accepted doctoral completion candidates.
No academic credit is given for life experience, continuing education, extension courses, or course work completed at a non-accredited institution.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800.825.4480 to speak to an Admissions Specialist.