School of Education
Assistant/Associate Professor, Special Education Required Qualifications:
• Doctorate in Special and/or Inclusive Education or related area
• Emerging/established record of scholarship in special and urban education.
• Professional experience in K-12 urban education settings
• Curricular and instructional expertise in inclusive, culturally responsive education
• University teaching experience preferred
• Record of positive impact with youth in schools, universities, or communities
• Maintain an active research and publication agenda
• Advise and collaborate with master’s and doctoral students
• Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels
• Work collaboratively with K-12 schools and community/state partners
• Obtain external funding for research and teacher education programs
• Perform professional service at the University, in Indiana and nationally
The Indiana University School of Education at Indianapolis (IUPUI) proudly announces our Urban Education Ph.D. program which will begin Fall 2012, including the option for a minor in special education. IUPUI is seeking an exemplary faculty member to contribute to this new Urban Education Ph.D. as well as our progressive urban K-12 teacher education program. The ideal candidate must have an understanding of the complexity of educational systems.
For more information visit our website at www.education.iupui.edu.
Co-chairs Jane Stephenson and Kathleen King Thorius, IUPUI School of Education, 902 W. New York Street, ES3122, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5155. Review of candidates will begin November 1, 2011 and continue until the position is filled. Starting date is August 1, 2012.
Kathleen King Thorius, Ph.D.
Indiana University School of Education
Dorothy L. Espelage, Ph.D.
Professor & University Scholar
Dept. of Educational Psychology
Child Development Division
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820-6925
(217) 244-7620 (Fax)