The Saybrook Forum

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumnus Dr. Ken Bausch (Ph.D. '98) Releases New Publication Body Wisdom in Dialogue: Rediscovering the Voice of the Goddess

03/21/2012
Ken Bausch has co-authored the just published Body Wisdom in Dialogue: Rediscovering the Voice of the Goddess. Body Wisdom in Dialogue Did you ever stop to consider how magical, mystical, and genuinely spiritual the practice of dialogue can be? Not debate, of course. Debate is a win-lose contest, and it draws circles around winners and losers which divide us and foster ill will. I am speaking...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumnus Dr. Bob Hieronimus (Ph.D. '81) Releases New 21st Century Radio Newsletter

03/21/2012
From The Hieronimus & Company   21st Century Newsletter: Healthy Life Series at Ruscombe Mansion founded in 1984  by Zohara Hieronimus Fruits and Vegetables Make You Sexy? Find out why at the April 5th Healthy Life Series at Ruscombe. On April 5th at 7:30 PM we will "Tweak Your Self Care".  What are Ruscombe's favorite wellness tips? How do we manage...

Continue Reading

Psychology and Humanistic Studies

Saybrook student Geoffrey Thompson publishes chapter in "Mental Illnesses - Evaluation, Treatments and Implications"

03/21/2012

The Vitality of Fragmentation: Desublimation and the Symbolic Order
By Geoffrey Thompson

This chapter will focus on theoretical, clinical and personal challenges surrounding my work as an art therapist in an adult outpatient service of a psychiatric hospital. The evolution of my thinking pervades my clinical work with the client discussed in the vignette, as I sought to integrate desublimation from art theory and philosophy with psychoanalytic theory. (Thompson, 2007).

Continue Reading

Interdisciplinary Inquiry

Conflict Resolution Education Resources on the Web

03/21/2012

Saybrook University is dedicated to teaching people about the peaceful transformation of conflict. The following resources may be helpful for Saybrook students in their academic careers as well as those already practicing in the field.

Association for Conflict Resolution www.acrnet.org

The association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) is a professional organization dedicated to enhancing the practice and public understanding of conflict resolution.

Continue Reading

Mind-Body Medicine

Newsflash from the Meeting of the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis in Charlotte, North Carolina

03/20/2012

It's been a blast here at the ASCH meeting in a sort of sleep-deprived way.  Yesterday after Pierre Rainville's keynote, I spent 2 hours with him (and David Spiegel of Stanford) in my room doing Dr. Rainville’s video interview and talking about his perspective that hypnosis is the humanistic connection between neuroscience and the study of subjective experience, something that the Cognitive Behavioral perspective misses.  Dr. Rainville (University of Montreal) filmed a short "hello" to the Saybrook Hypnosis, Biofeedback, and Cognitive Neuroscience students, responding to the question, “Why should a student in Mind-Body Medicine study __________?”   Dr. Rainville is a great guy, who researches everything from brain mechanisms in hypnosis to pain perception in Zen meditators.

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumna Dr. Lezlie Kinyon's (Ph.D. '06) Poem Set to Music and to be Included on Harper Diana Rowan's CD

03/20/2012
Saybrook Alumna and Homepage newsletter editor, Lezlie Kinyon, to be honored in another field! Harper Diana Rowan will include Lezlie's poem Calypso on her new CD (currently being recorded in Bulgaria, with traditional musicians). From Lezlie: Diana Rowan is amazing! Her site is sirenharp.com I cannot tell you how honored & really thrilled I am about this! I can send a copy of...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Hazing Awareness Scholarship Now Available to All Students

03/20/2012
Now, any student may apply for the Hazing Awareness Scholarship. Next deadline is March 6, 2012. Due to more recent CNN hazing news at http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/23/us/florida-hazing-death/index.html ANY Student may now apply for the March 6, 2012 deadline so if you have not already done so please post or apply now for the Hazing Awareness Scholarship. Details at http://newsroom.unl.edu/...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumnus and First Saybrook Graduate Dr. Bart Billiings (Ph.D. '74) Announces Speaker Positions for 20th Annual International Military and Civilian Combat Stress Conference

03/19/2012
Dear Saybrook Community Member: Click Here to see the flyer for the 2012 Combat Stress Conference. We  have openings for presenters. Page two of the flyer allows speakers to indicate their first and second choice (in terms of day and time) for when they wish to speak. At this moment we have room for three six-hour one-day pre-conference courses on Wednesday and two on Thursday. The...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumnus Dr. Michael Mayer (Ph.D. '77) Presents Two Spring Workshops

03/19/2012
Dr. Michael Mayer Presents: Integral Living in an Uncertain World March 24 Orinda, CA. This weekend workshop will give you tools for dealing with troubled times. I'll be giving a preview of material from my upcoming book, and I'll be doing this workshop with a talented colleague and neuropsychologist, Dr. Jim Bramson. 10-4 PM  Orinda, CA. AND Energy Psychology: Self Healing...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumna Dr. Dana Klisanin (Ph.D. '03) Publishes Results of Research on the CyberHero

03/19/2012
Greetings Saybrook Community: I'm contacting all the groups that participated in my cyberhero research to let them know that the research has recently been published.   Click Here to see the Research Results   I hope all are doing wonderfully!   Dana Klisanin

Continue Reading

Share this

Don't miss a thing - follow Saybrook on social media

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Google Plus