The Saybrook Forum

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumna Marie Fonrose PhD '03 Writes to Us from Pignon, Haiti

02/26/2010
Good afternoon, Hope everyone is well. I am well in Pignon. I am so grateful to be here for they really need the help and are appreciative of it. I visited two orphanages, and held group therapy sessions, as well as individual sessions at the hospital. It is going to take a while for the kids to return to some sort of normalcy; however, there are some who are progressing. Other than PTSD...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Admissions Asks Alumni to Share this Open House Announcement with Prospective Students

02/26/2010
SAYBROOK UNIVERSITY OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS MARCH 18, 2010 JOIN US IN-PERSON OR VIA WEBCAST We invite prospective students to join us for Saybrook's Open House and learn more about Saybrook's distance education model. Find out about our new academic programs, including the residential PsyD program started in Fall 2008, our Mind-Body Medicine program started in Fall 2009 and our...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Meet the Author-Saybrook Alumna Sunny Massad, PhD '00 on Book Tour in Southern California

02/26/2010
Meet the Author Sunny Massad,Ph.D.'00 President and Founder of the Hawaii Wellness Institute “Self-improvement can be self-abusive because the constant drive to fix, cure, and acquire, prevents peace of mind in the present.” Sunny Massad You are invited to attend a FREE book reading, workshop, and signing at any one of the locations below: Get...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Annual APA Convention Dinner-Sponsored by the Saybrook Alumni Association in Cooperation with Executive Faculty Member Dr. Stan Krippner

02/26/2010
Save the Date 6:00 to 8:00 PM, Friday, August 13, 2010 for the Saybrook Annual APA Convention Dinner-Sponsored by the Saybrook Alumni Association in Cooperation with Executive Faculty Member Dr. Stan Krippner Contact the SaybrookAlumniAssociation@Saybrook.edu or call 415-394-5968 to be placed on the Saybrook APA Dinner mailing list. Every attempt will be made to pick a restaurant location...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumnus Bob Hieronimus, PhD is Part of Panel of Artists on Race, Religion, Social Justice and Inspiration

02/26/2010
Dr. Bob Hieronimus in New York as part of Panel of Artists on Race, Religion, Social Justice and Inspiration Thursday, February 25, 2010 from 6 to 8pm New York City On Thursday, February 25th from 6-8 PM you are invited to join Faith Ringgoold and Dr. Bob Hieronimus and several other artists and writers for "An Evening with Faith Ringgold and Friends: Artists and Writers Discuss Race, Religion...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

An Interesting Book Signing for SF Bay Area Alumni

02/26/2010
A newly arrived 65 year old blues man will be reading from his book -The Shamanic Wisdom of the Huichol: Medicine Teachings for Modern Times BOOK SIGNING EVENT AT BOOK PASSAGE MONDAY APRIL 19 AT 7PM 51 TAMAL VISTA BLVD. CORTE MADERA, CA 415-927-09960. Each book is a seed that uplifts awareness about how to show up in a good medicine way during this time of the Great Turning. YOU CAN BUY A...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Alumnus Stefan Kasian, PhD '06 and Executive Faculty Member Stan Krippner Co-author Book Chapter

02/26/2010
A chapter that Saybrook Execurive Faculty Member Stanley Krippner and Alumnus Stefan Kasian have co-authored, "Cross-cultural perspectives on euthanasia" has been published by the Society for the Anthropology of Consciousness (SAC)in the new book, So What? Now What? The Anthropology of Consciousness Responds to a World In Crisis. This book is in 23 academic libraries worldwide! It will soon be...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Saybrook Alumna Marie Fonrose, PhD '03 Leaves for Haiti on Feb. 19

02/26/2010
A note from Marie: I want to thank everyone at Saybrook as well as friends who donated to the Saybrook Alumni Association to support my trip to Haiti. As you know, I have been waiting patiently to go to Haiti and help the earthquake victims with the healing process. I signed up with so many organizations that I lost count. However, Promise for Haiti (Healthcare, education, & clean water...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

The Berlin School of Mind and Brain Invites Applications

02/09/2010
VISITING SCHOLAR AND STUDENT PROGRAM: BERLIN SCHOOL OF MIND AND BRAIN > > Application deadline: 1st May 2010. > Enquiries: admissions@mind-and-brain.de > Web: http://www.mind-and-brain.de/overview/visitors > > The Berlin School of Mind and Brain invites applications for visiting > scholars and students. > > The Berlin School of Mind and Brain is an international...

Continue Reading

Alumni Messenger

Alumna Rivka Bertisch Meir, Ph.D. '05 Publishes New Book

02/09/2010
Alumna Rivka Bertisch Meir, Ph.D. '05 Publishes Stop Beliefs That Stop Your Life This book describes a new technique of self-transformation that can substantially change your life in a short period of time by demonstrating the importance of fixed beliefs in determining Life Patterns that cause us to repeat the same destructive behaviors over and over again. When beliefs are modified, there is an...

Continue Reading

Share this

Don't miss a thing - follow Saybrook on social media

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Google Plus