Saybrook to Sponsor R.D. Laing Symposium
To honor R.D. Laing’s rightful place in the history of psychology, scholars from around the world are gathering in New York in October 2013 to remember R. D. Laing on the 25th anniversary of his death.
Saybrook is a proud sponsor of “R. D. Laing in the 21st Century: A Weekend Symposium,” to be held October 25-27. The conference will feature a remarkable array of speakers and programs, including presentations by Saybrook faculty:
- Stanley Krippner and Kirk Schneider on Laing’s Encounter with Existential-Humanistic Psychology
- Fritjof Capra on Laing’s “The Voice of Experience”
- Betty Cannon on Laing, Sartre, and the Practice of Existential Therapy
- Maureen O’Hara on Varieties of Authentic Encounter: R.D. Laing, Carl Rogers, and Me
- Leon Redler and Edie Irwin on Laing and Spirituality
- Kingsley Hall participants panel discussion
- Screenings of the film All Divided Selves as well as a short tour film of R.D. Laing in 1972
To view the entire program, read more about Laing, and register for the event, see the symposium’s website at www.rdlaing2013symposium.com or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/344207582303317/.