Archives For: May 2012

Inspiration and the Sky

05/30/2012
Inspiration and the Sky

Gotta testify, come up in the spot looking extra fly, For the day I die, I'mma touch the Sky” 

Kanye West, “Touch the Sky”

In life, we have no control over what inspires us. Inspiration can come from many different sources. I have been inspired by many unusual sources. When seeking inspiration, I often look to the Sky.  I look to the Sky for many reasons. 

In addition to being a metaphorical holding ground for the heavens, the Sky suggests dreaming, optimism, strength and a relationship with the atmosphere, a connection with the universe, an umbrella to all that is life.  That is inspiration. That is the Sky. 

Continue Reading

Expanded Research May Help Business Women Identify Real Sabotage

05/23/2012
5 Ways Business Women Self Sabotage

Recently, I read an article in the American Express Open Forum by Melinda Emerson entitled 5-Ways Women Sabotage Themselves in Business.While the article itself was good, I felt like the scope was limited. I found myself wondering if men, those inferred to be in power, agreed with the points listed.

If the obstacles and challenges that women perceive themselves having are different from the ones their male co-workers, bosses, and employees see them as having, it seems like a significant disconnect in the office.   This facet is also likely to come up increasingly, since the article states that women over 50 are starting businesses at a ratio of 2-to-1 over men. 

Continue Reading