Every individual has a unique role and influence in the world that can be realized through their life’s work.
Saybrook’s College of Psychology and Humanistic Studies helps you find your passion, prepare for your career, and engage with the world to make it a better place.
The premier graduate university for education in humanistic psychology; a cutting edge pioneer in the study of organizational systems; and the only American university offer accredited degrees in Human Science (the European tradition of social sciences) – Saybrook’s College of Psychology and Humanistic Studies (PHS) offers a truly unique opportunity to advance one’s life’s work through humanistic study, scholarship, and activism.
PHS degrees are offered in low-residency programs, allowing students to study while remaining in their careers and without relocating. Students are required to attend a small number of Residential Conference each year for workshops, seminars, training, and intensives – and otherwise can complete coursework online.
PHS offers the following degrees:
- MA Psychology
- MA Psychology, specializing in Creativity Studies
- MA Psychology, specializing in Jungian Studies
- MA Psychology, specializing in Marriage and Family Therapy
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Psychology, specializing in Clinical Psychology
- PhD Psychology, specializing in Jungian Studies
- MA Organizational Systems
- MA Organizational Systems, specializing in Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- PhD Organizational Systems
Students in any PHS program have the option of choosing a concentration in one of the following areas:
- Consciousness and Spirituality
- Humanistic and Transpersonal Psychology
- Integrative Health Studies
- Organizational Systems
- Social Transformation
Saybrook offers 11 certificates to non-degree students and to degree students seeking to enhance their education.
To earn a certificate, students need to complete four 3-credt certificate courses, one 3-credit practicum course, and a 1-credit integrative paper that ties course study and research together. Students will earn 16 units by completing a certificate. When appropriate, Saybrook students can transfer credits earned through a certificate towards their degree program.
Saybrook offers certification in the following areas:
- Community Health and Development
- Creativity Studies
- Dream Studies
- Expressive Arts for Healing and Social Change
- Existential-Humanistic Therapy
- Jungian Studies
- Leading Organizational Transformation
- Organizational Consulting
- Peace and Conflict Resolution (International Focus)
- Violence Prevention and Response