Nationally renowned health care leaders to discuss new trends in medicine
What do health care providers need to know to stay current?
The field of healthcare is changing dramatically.
Hospitals, clinics, and patients have new needs and expectations. Do you know what you’ll need to know?
Learn more about trends in medicine and the new skills that will be essential to 21st health-care practitioners at a special presentation featuring:
- Dr. James Gordon, MD, Dean of Saybrook Graduate School’s program in Mind-Body Medicine and Director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine, and;
- Heather Young, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., the Associate Vice Chancellor for Nursing U.C. Davis and Dean of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing
Together they’ll cover the ways that medicine is moving away from traditional roles in which the professional talks and the patient listens and towards a dialogue in which the patient’s participation is seen as crucial for good health.
• New developments in the fields of integrative healthcare.
• Resources for nurses, practitioners, healthcare administrators who want to practice integrative healthcare.
• The role of educational institutions in addressing these new developments and training the next generation of providers.
• Where are the key areas to focus research in healthcare, nursing and integrative medicine.
• How the culture of research and scholarship is changing to be more community focused.
The presentation It will be held Monday, June 8, at the Bayshore Ballroom of the Westin Hotel, SFO.
It is free and open to the public.
For more information, or to reserve a spot call or email Terry Hopper at 415-394-5220, or email@example.com.