The Existentialism of Rollo May - An Influence on Trauma Treatment
Author: Daniel B. Pitchford
This article reviews the life and work of Rollo May and his influence on the author’s development of applying existential therapy to treating traumatic stress. An examination of May’s worldview, theory, and therapeutic philosophy is presented. Considerable importance is placed on May’s theoretical foundations as they apply to treating combat veterans diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The data presented in this article reveal the significance of utilizing existential therapeutic principles within a group format to help facilitate combat veterans’ recovery from the internal damage inflicted by PTSD.
- The Existentialism of Rollo May: an influence on trauma treatment - Daniel B. Pitchford
Download PDF File of The Existentialism of Rollo May: an influence on trauma treatment - Daniel B. Pitchford
File Size: 187.89 kB
Posts About This Media
Saybrook University Events
* There are currently no events available.
Most Recent Posts
- Posted by on January 20, 2015 - 10:00am
- Posted by on January 15, 2015 - 10:00am
- Posted by on January 14, 2015 - 10:00am
- Posted by on January 13, 2015 - 10:00am
- Posted by on January 12, 2015 - 10:00am
Recently Added Media
Added on January 13, 2014
Added on November 18, 2013
Added on November 6, 2013
Existential Themes and Relational Dharma Filters in the Resolution of Traumatic Stress: A Depth Group ApproachAdded on June 4, 2012
Added on May 25, 2012
Added on May 8, 2012