Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Location: San Francisco, CA
Closes: When filled
Salary: Depending on Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Saybrook University is a graduate level institution committed to a mission of access, and to enrolling students with academic promise to succeed. Serving in Saybrook University's Enrollment Management Division, admissions counselors report to the Admissions Supervisor. They have responsibility for the achievement of specific new student enrollment objectives in various academic programs.
Admissions counselors work with the various members of the Saybrook community to plan, implement, and analyze the outcome of enrollment strategies in support of achieving enrollment objectives and goals. Admissions counselors cultivate the enrollment of prospective graduate students by means of individualized communications, events, presentations, interviews, chats, social media, and other activities. Admissions counselors coordinate their activity with academic program directors, and personnel in offices such as financial aid, business affairs, cashier's, registration and student affairs.
This position will
- Focus on recruiting students for specific graduate specializations.
- Support achievement of the University's annual enrollment goals for all programs, specializations and majors.
- Work other members of the Saybrook Community to ensure that enrollment goals and strategies for each program are developed and implemented.
- Track progress towards enrollment goals and undertake activities that support the achievement of those goals.
- Work with others, as assigned, to implement marketing and communication strategies and initiatives for enrollment.
- Support marketing, communication and enrollment strategies through coordination of initiatives with the program directors.
- Work with others, as assigned, to draft, edit, and update communications media for prospects, applicants and admitted students.
- Build a relationship between prospective students and the University as a foundation for student success at Saybrook.
- Initiate and maintain communication with prospective students, applicants, and students admitted to the University.
- Conduct on-campus recruitment of graduate students through admission interviews, campus visits & tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled and walk-ins) as needed.
- Review applications for admission and monitor the admission profiles of incoming students.
- Facilitate communication between program directors and prospective students.
- Resolve applicant problems, when possible.
- Work with the Information Technology office and the Institutional Research office to ensure the efficient and effective use of the database; any customer relations management (CRM) technology that becomes available, and effectively utilize tools for reporting enrollment and marketing programs.
- Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating work flow for graduate admission recruitment operations.
- Generate standard and ad hoc statistical reports and data exports.
- May be called upon to supervise student workers.
- Night and Weekend work may be required.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Work hours may be variable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
- Experience in Higher Education Admissions required.
- Experience with student information systems and online marketing and recruitment for online programs highly desirable.
- Ability to act as a team member in a changing environment and support leadership efforts to promote strategic plans.
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated skill in the verbal and written expression of information, ideas, and policies.
- Ability to work autonomously and confidentially; able to make independent decisions, as appropriate; ability to set/attain goals, and initiate and follow through with new projects with minimal direction.
- Must become thoroughly familiar with the programs assigned to recruit within one month of hiring.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to contribute to and maintain a high-energy, high-volume office.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- A proactive customer service orientation.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel.
Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, move furniture and be able to physically set up rooms for meetings.
Must be able to work in a standard office setting with moderate noise from computers, copiers, printers, and light traffic with some interruption.
Work will be conducted from the Saybrook Campus in San Francisco, although travel will be required.
37.5 hour work week with overtime as required. Employer paid medical/dental/vision benefits, 403(b) retirement savings program plus other benefits.
Please email your resume and cover letter to HRmanager@saybrook.edu  or fax to 415-394-5193.
Saybrook University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.