What can you do with a Specialization in Humane Education?
The PhD in Organizational Systems with a Specialization in Humane Education is a unique program that provides students with the skills to conduct organizational research and create organizational change within educational systems. The goals and student learning outcomes for the Organizational Systems degree are for students to be able to:
- Assess, design, implement, and evaluate complex organizational change initiatives.
- Design and conduct sophisticated organizational research while employing strong critical analysis in both thinking and writing.
- Apply systems design to transform or create social systems by engaging the whole community in shared model building and action.
- Operate consistently within a solid ethical framework.
- Build authentic relationships through self-awareness, appreciation of diversity, and constructive dialogue.
The Humane Education Specialization adds the additional learning outcomes:
- Develop the knowledge, tools, and motivation to become conscientious and engaged citizens for a healthy, just, and humane world.
- Foster creative and critical thinking, respect and responsibility, civic engagement, informed decision-making, and problem-solving in classrooms, workplaces, personal lives and the world.
Our graduates work in a variety of settings that include:
- K-12 Schools
- Fortune 500 companies
- Their own businesses
- National and global consulting firms
- Public sector agencies
- Social service agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Federal government
- Local government
- The United Nations