As a healthcare professional, you may prefer a shorter term of study in integrative health to move your career forward or enhance your services to patients. If you are a busy professional looking for fast, direct training in essential mind-body techniques, our four certificate programs in holistic medicine are the solution.
For specific details on each of our Certificate programs, including information on which ones require a Residential Conference, follow the links below. For additional information, please complete the request form on the right.
- Biofeedback & Neurofeedback 
- Clinical & Applied Hypnosis 
- Health & Wellness Coaching 
- Mind-Body Medicine 
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition 
- Nutrition, Clinical, or Life Sciences 
Each Certificate program, which you can begin in a Fall or Spring term, requires 10 academic credits:
- Three 8-week academic courses (3 credits each).
- Two of the courses include residential conferences, with face to face training.
- One consists of a 3-credit practicum/supervision course providing supervised experience in implementing the skills and interventions learned in the Certificate coursework.
- A 1-credit course consisting of a graduate colloquium and a capstone integrative essay, conducted by faculty in the School of Mind-Body Medicine; this assures you of a mentoring process to guide your studies throughout the Certificate program.
Degree students in the School of Mind-Body Medicine already take many of the courses included in these certificates as part of their elective requirements or as add-ons to their degree programs.
All coursework in the Certificate programs normally provides academic credit. These credits are transferable toward a MS or PhD degree in the School of Mind-Body Medicine should you decide to pursue additional studies. The School of Mind-Body Medicine also permits non-degree students to pursue these Certificates on a non-credit basis, at a lower cost. Students electing this option complete the same academic requirements, but receive no academic credit.
The skills-set courses included in each certificate, which emphasize practical skills in a specific mind-body approach, are specifically designed to prepare you to pursue national certifications.