This powerful one-day workshop focuses on building communication skills to achieve desired results at work and at home. It will help you achieve the outcomes you want, while advancing your key personal and organizational initiatives.
Who Should Attend?
This professional program is designed for all individuals – students, executives, managers, and employees in the private and public sectors – who wish to become more balanced and effective as communicators.
What Will You Learn?
You will develop skills and learn theories that will significantly improve your workplace performance, productivity and ability to work with others. This workshop uses experiential one-on-one or small group practice sessions to ensure that you leave the workshop ready to implement new, proven approaches for obtaining positive results in everyday communications with others.
- Learn to communicate with clarity, intention and confidence using specific, advanced communication skills.
- Build self-awareness and understanding of what kind of impact your communication style has on others.
- Manage your reactivity to others in moments of intensity and seek, through inquiry and curiosity, to restore the flow of communication.
- Learn which types of responses tend to escalate or de-escalate the level of intensity in which you are trying to communicate.
- Identify your typical communications response to intense situations and practice alternate responses to achieve more useful results.
For additional information, email us  or call 425.968.3400. To enroll, select the workshop you want from the list at the right.
Meet the Instructor
Dan Leahy, MA, is an innovative leadership development specialist. With 16 years of leadership education experience and another 16 years as a clinical therapist, he brings a unique blend of interpersonal and organizational perspectives to his work. Dan also served as president of the precursor LIOS (Leadership Institute of Seattle) residential program for six years. As an alumnus, he has a deep appreciation for the benefits that the unique learning model for the Seattle residential programs brings to the world.