- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
The next generation of great psychologists is being trained now. Join them.
The recognized global leader in humanistic and existential psychology, Saybrook’s PhD program in clinical psychology asks the big questions: how do we help others live more meaningful lives? How do people heal themselves?
The most influential minds in psychology have always been both researchers and therapists – scholars and practitioners. Their work has defined the cutting edge, helped explore what it means to be human, and helped millions of people live better lives.
That’s what Saybrook’s PhD in Clinical Psychology teaches you to do: make your mark as a researcher, make your mark as a practitioner, combine the library and the street for the betterment of the world.
A tradition of excellence at the edge
Saybrook takes psychology beyond anti-depressants, pharmaceutical companies, and insurance regulations and engages you in meaningful research on what it means to live a healthy life … mind, body, and spirit … and how we get there. You’ll be training to add your voice to our understanding of humanity.
At the same time, the PhD in clinical psychology prepares you to be a working therapist, engaging with patients, and putting your research into practice. As a Saybrook student, you’ll go beyond traditional psychodynamic therapy, accessing training on existential and mind-body therapeutic techniques taught by leaders in those fields. From courses on therapy throughout the lifespan to workshops on medical hypnosis and biofeedback, Saybrook faculty can help you to develop a specialized practice or area of expertise. You’ll get the skills and knowledge you need to be recognized as exceptional.
(Note that licensing requirements vary significantly from state to state. Consult an admissions specialist on requirements for the state you wish to practice in.)
Study anywhere while you work
The PhD program uses Saybrook’s low-residency model of distance learning. You'll study online with a cohort of fellow students from around the country (even the world) and meet twice a year for intensive personal training. You can complete your degree without relocating, and without leaving your current career.
Fill out the form on the right for more information or Apply Now for Fall 2013!
- Priority deadline for scholarships is June 1st
- Fall term begins August 24th, with a residential orientation in San Francisco
- Scholarships and financial aid available
For more information about Saybrook's other programs, please visit:
Get Started Today!...Fill out this short form to receive additional information, including e-mails, about Saybrook University.
Saybrook University will only use this information for university communications and will not sell or give your personal details to any third party.