- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Clinical Psychology Graduate Programs
Saybrook’s graduate programs in clinical psychology focus on the knowledge, experience, and practical skills you need to enter the profession as a licensed therapist. Our clinical programs include core courses, hands-on training at residential conferences, and close mentoring from faculty who are active practitioners.
We offer three clinical programs:
- MA Psychology Counseling Licensure
- MA Psychology Marriage and Family Therapy/Professional Clinical Counseling
- PhD Psychology, Clinical Psychology Specialization
Watch student Denver Sackett why Saybrook was more than a good fit.
You'll study multiple models of counseling theory with an emphasis on developing the specific competencies of the therapist: the art of joining and active listening, creating resiliency within a family system, and crafting conversations of possibility and change. The pedagogy for our residential programs is grounded in the integration of three core elements: applied behavioral science, systems theory, and experiential learning. This program shares a first year core curriculum with the MA Organizational Systems program in Seattle.
Our MFT/PCC program provides you with practical, hands-on experience. This clinical, career-focused, counseling degree program offers the current year educational requirements needed to sit for multiple licensing examinations. The program is designed to embrace outreach to diverse communities and support a wide spectrum of professional activities, letting you choose the kind of therapist you want to be. The breadth and flexibility of this degree prepares you to work in many states, enabling you to pursue your career where destiny takes you.
The PhD in Clinical Psychology program is ideal if you are interested in both the practice and the academic study of clinical psychology. This degree program, which emphasizes humanistic and transpersonal perspectives, combines the scholarly expertise and research orientation of a PhD with preparation for a career in clinical practice. As a graduate, you join other Saybrook alumni as a scholar-practitioner having an impact on how psychology is taught in the classroom and used in the field.
Fill out the form on the right for more information.
- Priority deadline for scholarships is June 1st
- Fall term starts August 24th
- Fall term for Seattle's residential program starts September 18th
- Scholarships and other financial aid available
For more information about other Saybrook programs, please visit:
- MA, PhD in Psychology and Interdisciplinary Inquiry (PII)
- MFT-PCC Marriage & Family Therapy/PCC
- MA, PhD in Human Science
- MS, PhD in Mind-Body Medicine
- MA, PhD in Organizational Systems
- Seattle Residential Programs
- General Information
Recognized as one of the world’s leading centers for scholarship in humanistic psychology, Saybrook focuses on a holistic view of the "patient" as a human being. Our faculty are experienced providers of mental health care who can help aspiring therapists navigate the world of insurance regulations and licensing procedures while remaining true to their goal of supporting the whole person.
Get Started Today!...Fill out this short form to receive additional information, including e-mails, about Saybrook University.
Saybrook University will only use this information for university communications and will not sell or give your personal details to any third party.