- Areas of Study
- Catch up on our blogs
- Make a gift
- Academic Program Quick Links
- Organizational Leadership & Transformation
- MA/PhD Organizational Systems
- MA Leadership & Organization Development, Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/PhD Leadership of Sustainable Systems
- Mind-Body Medicine
- MS Mind-Body Medicine
- PhD Healthcare Research
- PhD Healthcare Practice
- PhD Healthcare Systems
- PhD Integrative Mental Health
- Clinical Psychology
- MA Counseling (LIC), Seattle (LIOS) Residential
- MA/MFT/PCC Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- PhD Clinical Psychology (LIC)
- Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MA/PhD Human Science
- MA/PhD Psychology
- MA/PhD Consciousness, Spirituality & Integrated Health
- MA/PhD Creativity Studies
- MA/PhD Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psych
- MA/PhD Jungian Studies
- MA/PhD Transformative Social Change
- Saybrook Commons Login
Graduate Degrees in Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry (PII)
Saybrook University, the top graduate school in humanistic psychology, has offered MA and PhD degrees in psychology for more than 40 years. Humanistic psychology holds that people are active agents in a process of constantly engaging their humanity. Our graduate programs in Psychology & Interdisciplinary Inquiry ask the big questions – what is the human spirit? What binds us together? What does it mean to be alive? You'll be challenged to find your own answers.
Combining face-to-face residential conferences with online coursework, Saybrook's model of low-residency distance learning allow you to earn a fully accredited degree without relocating and while continuing to work. If you are interested in particular aspects of psychology research or practice, you may tailor your program by choosing a specialization in Jungian or Creativity Studies, selecting a specialization, or pursuing a certificate in a particular area of focus.
Our MA in Psychology is designed for people like you who are interested in supporting their career and research interests through a humanistic approach – putting people, their health, and their potential, at the center of what you do. It is also well-suited if you are engaged in healthcare, teaching, community development, consultation, mediation and conflict resolution, and many other career paths.
Offering you an extraordinary look at human nature, Saybrook’s Psychology PhD offers both depth of study and breadth of opportunity. If you are preparing for a career in research, college teaching, educational administration, human resources, or criminal justice, you can tailor our basic 76-credit program to your specific interests with a concentration or certificate program. As always at Saybrook, you will be encouraged to follow your passion into an in-depth examination of current issues in psychology that will further your professional life.
You may choose to specialize either your MA or PhD in:
- Creativity Studies
- Jungian Studies
- Existential, Humanistic & Transpersonal Psychology
- Consciousness Spirituality and Integrated Health
- Tranformative Social Change
Fill out the form on the right for more information or Apply Now for Fall 2013!
- Priority deadline for scholarships is June 1st
- Fall terms starts August 24th, with a residential orientation in San Francisco
- Scholarships and financial aid available
- No GRE required
For more information about other Saybrook programs, please visit:
Get Started Today!...Fill out this short form to receive additional information, including e-mails, about Saybrook University.
Saybrook University will only use this information for university communications and will not sell or give your personal details to any third party.