Under our rolling admissions plan, Saybrook accepts applications year-round for multiple upcoming terms. You do not need to wait until a fixed date to hear about acceptance: we will notify you a few weeks after we receive all the materials required to complete your application.
The process is simple:
- Select your program from the list on our Areas of Study. If you're not sure which program is best for you, please contact Admissions and we'll help you figure it out. You can apply for only one program at a time.
- Complete the online application form.
- Send in your application fee.
- Submit the necessary materials (transcripts, references, writing sample, personal statement, resume, etc.).
- We recommend completing your FAFSA application for Financial Aid three months before the start of the term in which you plan to enroll.
- If you are applying to the School of Mind-Body Medicine or one of our Seattle LIOS MA residential programs, participate in a telephone or in-person interview.
That's it! We don't require the GRE exam. Applicants may be granted a one-time extension of the application for a semester without incurring an additional fee.
Once the Admissions Office receives all your materials, your admission will move forward. Applications are reviewed by faculty from your designated degree program.
It generally takes us only a few weeks to review a completed application once we've received all relevant materials. If you haven't heard back within two to three weeks, please contact Admissions.
Keeping the Ball Rolling
We recommend that you fill out the online application form and pay your application fee as soon as possible. Once we receive these, the Admissions Office will prepare both electronic and physical file folders to receive your transcripts, letters of reference, and other materials.
Be sure to allow adequate time for us to receive your official transcripts and letters of reference. For prompt processing, we recommend requesting your transcript through institutional websites and sending Saybrook's required recommendation form to your references as soon as possible. Remember that other schools may experience a "transcript request crunch" and that your references may be out of town or otherwise unavailable. We recommend allowing up to 6 weeks for Saybrook to receive your materials after you first make your request.
We do not consider your application ready for Admissions to review until we have received all your materials.
We will render your individual admission decision within a few weeks. Shortly thereafter, you'll be notified whether you have received a Saybrook Scholarship award. You will be informed of federal student loan decisions later. Admission decisions are delivered by email and postal mail.
We ask that you accept our offer of admission within two weeks of the date that we send your notification of scholarship award. We ask you to submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $350 with your acceptance.
Admitted students can defer admission for up to two semesters without paying a deposit; however, if you defer your admission, you may lose your scholarship award.
Contact Admissions if you have any questions.