- You must have received, or anticipate receiving, at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college before applying for a master's degree at Saybrook.
- Application for a PhD also requires a master's degree from Saybrook or another regionally-accredited college. An exception is made for students who are applying to the PhD Clinical Psychology program, who must have completed a BA/BS in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work, or 12 semester credits/20 quarter credits of Psychology coursework completed at a regionally accredited college or university.
- The minimum expected grade point average (GPA) requirement is 3.0 from the last degree-granting institution, though exceptions may be made.
- You may apply for only one degree program per application
The tables below summarize the requirements by program. Please contact us if you have any questions throughout the process. Additional details are available on these topics:
Saybrook University is committed to identifying students who will be a "good fit" for the Saybrook experience. Rather than grade-point averages or standardized test scores, we emphasize:
- Academic history and professional experience
- Compatible background and interests with the offerings at Saybrook
- Ability to work well in a distance-education format
- Demonstrated critical thinking and writing skills
- Potential for scholarly research and/or ability to work actively in the field
- Personal motivation and readiness for graduate level work
Summary of Admissions Requirements for New, Degree-Seeking Students*
* The Integrative and Functional Nutrition program in the College of CIMHS has additional requirements.
|Department of Humanistic and Clinical Psychology||Department of Leadership and Management||Department of Mind-Body Medicine||Department of Counseling|
|Resume or CV||X||X||X|
|Academic Writing Sample||X|
|Recommendations||2 Contacts||1 Letter||1 contact|
Admissions Requirements for Non-Degree or Returning Saybrook Students
For students who are seeking non-degree certificates, official transcripts and a personal statement are required.