The Pyryt Awards
The Pyryt award was created to recognize a scholar of giftedness, creativity or talent development and an influential collaborator who has not previously published scholarship associated with giftedness, creativity, or talent. The award is given to those who seek to promote scholarship in the area of giftedness, creativity, and talent to the larger education research community through collaborations and who concurrently benefit from the insights of important scholars who have not previously studied or written about gifted, talented, or creative populations.
· Eligibility Criteria: The awards is given to collaborators of a paper which meets the following criteria:
· Publication (may be “In Press”) in a gifted or creativity journal such as Gifted Child Quarterly, Journal for the Education of the Gifted, Roeper Review, High Ability Studies, Journal for Advanced Academics, Journal of Creative Behavior, or Creativity Research Journal. The paper must have been published after January, 2010.
· Co-author is post Ph.D., has not previously published in the fields of giftedness, creativity, or talent development, but has a strong history of published scholarship in another field (CV of co-author should be submitted).
· The potential impact of the work on the fields of giftedness, creativity, or talent development should be significant.
· Nomination Process and Timelines:
· Award candidates may be nominated or self-nominate.
· Nominations must be submitted electronically as a pdf and include a copy of the paper, a one-page rationale describing the potential impact of the work on the files of giftedness, creativity, or talent development, and a CV of the co-author.
· Applications will be due February 1, 2014
Electronic pdf submissions must be sent to the chair of the awards committee (email@example.com ) by 5pm February 1, 2014. Please use Michael Pryrt Award as the subject line of the email.