5th Annual Conflict Resolution Education summit takes place March 14 – 19, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Conference Planning Committee (.pdf)
- Keynote Speakers (.pdf)
- Pre-Conference Workshops, March 14 and 15, 2012 (.pdf)
- Conference Agenda (.doc)
- Conference Workshops Schedule (.pdf)
- Conference Workshop Descriptions (.pdf)
- Conference Costs (.doc)
- Registration Information (.doc)
- Hotel and Travel Information (.pdf)
- Oxfam America Hunger Banquet® (.pdf)
Conference Audience: Those interested in CRE/SEL/PE, including policy makers, practitioners, researchers, educators, college and university faculty, staff, and students, K-12 educators, public health officials, prevention specialists, state, local, national, and international policy makers, and individuals who work with youth serving organizations.
Event Overview: The 5th International Conference on CRE is an opportunity to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration and research on issues related to the development of infrastructure in CRE. Presentations will focus on innovations in the fields that are making broad impacts in local, state, national, and international communities. Participants will exchange best practices, evaluation methodology, creation of policy implementation structures, consideration of obstacles to success, and new and innovative use of training, resources and technology. Conference participants will be drawn from the local, state, national, and international community. College students and faculty are encouraged to attend and present their findings. On-site events include a meeting of Ohio Colleges and University Network developing peace and conflict studies programs, March 15th, 6:30PM – 9:30PM, Association for Conflict Resolution Education Section meeting, and a capacity building seminar for U.S. Community Colleges developing peace and conflict studies programs in partnership with the United States Institute of Peace.
Global Issues Resource Center and Library at Cuyahoga Community College is partnering with colleges and universities, and local, national, and international non-governmental and governmental organizations to host the 5th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Developing Global Citizens in Schools, Higher Education, and the Community in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. This conference builds upon the following conferences and working group meetings:
- Inter-American Summit on CRE 2007,
- the International Summit on CRE, Youth and Conflict: Global Challenges – Local Strategies 2008,
- Collaboration across Fields: Implementation and Sustainability of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), CRE, Peace Education (PE), and Citizenship Education (CE) 2009,
- 3rd International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Building Infrastructures for Change: Innovations in Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) and Justice Initiatives (2009),
- Sustainable Regional Education Efforts for Safer More Inclusive Communities, Heredia, Costa Rica, 2010.
- 4th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Building Infrastructures for Change: Innovations in Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) June 2010
These earlier conferences and working group meetings brought together government representatives from among the 50 states, around the globe, and their non-governmental organization partners who have legislation or policies in place to deliver CRE/SEL/PE and Civics Education at the K-12 level and in universities. Conference and meeting publications are available on this website.
Questions? Please contact Global Issues Resource Center at 216-987-2224 or e-mail Elizabeth Wuerz at [email protected]