Prospective students interested in programs at Saybrook University may be eligible to be admitted through an established Academic Partnership. Saybrook University has partnered with educational enterprises, academic institutions and community partners to create pathways to select programs. General information regarding each partnership is listed below. For more specific information about the available opportunities, please contact admissions at 800.825.4480 or [email protected].
Our Academic Partners
- Prema Yoga. Prema Yoga, LLC (PY) provides education in integrative yoga practices to yoga teachers, yoga therapists, social workers, psychologists, nurses, and other health care professionals. Courses may be used for CEUs, an advanced yoga teaching certificate, or a two-year yoga therapy certificate. PY’s comprehensive approach offers evidence-based yoga techniques taught in a classical manner honoring yoga’s history of yoga chikista – “yoga therapy.” The unique mind/body approach of yoga and meditation allows health care professionals to address self-care with their clients in a deeply holistic manner, empowering the individual in her health process.
- The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN). The IIN provides holistic training in the field of nutrition. IIN’s Health Coach Training Program includes coursework in nutrition, health and wellness, coaching techniques, business skills, and personal development. The articulation agreement with Saybrook University allows graduates of the IIN training programs to authorize six credits of graduate credit toward CIMHS masters and doctoral programs.
- The Flourishing Center (TFC). The Flourishing Center provides a 6-month long Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology program, which includes 240 hours of education and training through residential on-site locations, online and distance learning platforms, webinars, and videoconference participation. This agreement provides recognition of up to six credits from TFC’s Certification in Applied Positive Psychology (CAPP) Program to Saybrook’s master’s and doctoral programs in College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences.
- The International Nurse Coach Association (INCA). The INCCP educates nurses in an integrative coaching practice, preparing them to integrate coaching into the mainstream of their nursing practice, in hospital, home care, and independent practice. This articulation agreement between Saybrook and INCA allows for up to six units of transfer credit from the INCA INCCP program to CIMHS master’s and doctoral degree programs.
- The University of Santa Monica (USM). The University of Santa Monica has three master’s degree programs: The Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology, The Master’s Degree in Consciousness, Health, and Healing, and The Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology. The articulation agreement allows for graduates of USM master’s degrees to receive up to 18 credits in transfer credit for CIMHS PhD programs.
- StraighterLine. StraighterLine has developed, implemented, offered, and administered online, self-paced, college-level courses, academic programs and curricula (collectively, the “Courses”) that meet the standards and requirements of Saybrook University for certain general education courses under the trademark “StraighterLine.”