With a low-residency requirement for Master’s and Ph.D degrees, students can earn an online graduate degree and spend most of their time learning online at home.
A pioneer since the 1970s, Saybrook was one of the first institutions in the U.S. to adopt a hybrid online learning model of education allowing students to earn an online graduate degree in psychology, leadership and management, counseling and various other social-focused sciences that emphasize working towards a humane and sustainable world. We believe a holistic graduate education necessarily includes the professional and personal lives of our students. To help our students continue to find new experiences in their own lives that can be applied to what they learn in the classroom, nearly all of our Master’s and Ph.D. graduate degree programs include online learning blended with low-residency study. Saybrook’s model of hybrid online learning allows students to dedicate themselves to success and service in their community without having to leave it.
Students become part of a dynamic online learning community through our distance learning courses and engage in face-to-face instruction with experienced faculty at residential conferences held at a variety of locations. The exact mix of online learning and in-person instruction depends upon the department, degree program and residency requirements. All of our online degree programs are designed to accommodate working professionals without requiring them to relocate.
Online Degree Programs
- M.A. Psychology
- Ph.D. Psychology
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
- Psychology Certificate Programs
- Clinical Psychology Certificate Programs
- M.S. Integrative and Functional Nutrition
- Ph.D. Mind-Body Medicine, Integrative Functional Nutrition Specialization
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Certificate Programs
- M.A. Integrative Wellness Coaching
- Ph.D. Mind-Body Medicine, Integrative Wellness Coaching Specialization
- Integrative Wellness Coaching Certificate Program
- M.A. Transformative Social Change
- Ph.D. Transformative Social Change
- Transformative Social Change Certificate Programs
A hallmark of our learning model, our dedicated faculty work with students individually and in groups—helping tailor coursework to the student’s particular interest and professional goals.